Friday, April 25, 2008

March 2008 Prosperity Thoughts

Affirmation: I thrive in a multidimensional Universe because I apply Spiritual Law to transcend ordinary thinking and common results.

Today I am wondering about the idea that our future actions help create our present as it unfolds. As a mystic and a believer in metaphysics, I find this concept intriguing.

Here is how it might work: I set an intention to create something in my life and thus, in the present, make a choice to receive it when it arrives into my present awareness. Moreover, I also make a commitment, in the present, to foster its arrival each step along the way.

In doing this, I move my desire into the field of all possibilities and, at the same time, become open to these possibilities manifesting one day at a time in my current life. I am open to ideas and coaching that I would not be open to had I not set the intention.

Here is an example from my own journey:

Many years ago, I had an intention to lose weight in a healthy way. I had some judgments about "diets" and calorie-counting plans. I saw them as constrictive and prone to failure because of the scarcity paradigm they created, so I wanted to have the goal of weight loss without a diet-type program. I had no idea at the time how this goal would manifest for me. I had failed over and over to lose weight or maintain a healthy eating program. (At the time, I was a vegetarian and had been so for many years and was still over my ideal body weight.) I set the intention for a future eating, exercise and weight paradigm that would support my overall wellbeing.

A few weeks later a casual friend invited me to an $80.00 half-day seminar in San Francisco (which was about an hour-and-a-half drive each way). I would have had no interest in this seminar, except that, since its focus was on healthy lifestyles, it seemed vaguely related to the future goal I has set for myself. I committed to go, in spite of the cost and long drive. Thus, my then-current behavior was impacted by a future goal that I had already set. Can you see the power of this? If you can, then you can guarantee the success of all your coaches and manifest amazing good in your life by setting an intention to be the person you have always wanted to be and then saying “yes” each step along the way.

In this case, it turned out that, after I decided to attend the workshop, my friend had a free ticket. This is an example of our current Universe shifting in support of our letting our future being impact our current choices. , The upshot is that I attended a workshop that I had never heard about, and I think I never would have heard about, had I not set this intention. Moreover, I found, in that half-day seminar, a willingness to create a structure of knowing about whole new ways of looking at food, exercise, weight loss, and lifestyle choices. I discovered an active support system that helped me easily change many lifestyle decisions, and I effortlessly lost about 20 pounds.

Then, at the end of the year, I went to get my body fat measured, thinking that, since I had lost weight and exercised more diligently over the past year, my physical results would show up in a measurable way as a more lean body. Now, this was contrary to what the teacher at the Healthy Lifestyles seminar suggested, by the way. Instead, it was a residual belief from my old way of thinking and looking at things from “objective” reality, and of my preference for relying on metrics to measure my progress rather than relying on my own inner knowing. The body fat measurement at the end of the year did not match my expectations and I got terribly discouraged. I quit on myself, quit before my miracle manifested, because I reverted to my old way of thinking.

Looking back on it, I knew I was healthier; I knew I liked how I felt, looked, etc. and there was no need for me to go get my body fat measured. I discounted all I knew and had learned, and the result is that I have not been able to recapture the success I had at being the man I intend to be.

So, I am wanting to imagine that it is true that an aspect of my nonphysical self, (my Soul, or Higher Self, or my angels, or spirit guides, or whatever language you choose to express this idea), immediately goes to that place where I have firmly set my intention and becomes that future self. I have proven this over and over again in my life. And since this is so, then it follows without a doubt, that my job in my physical here-and-now life is simply to passionately hold the faith that my desire will manifest, and to say 'yes' when the steps along the way to my good manifest for me. Unfortunately for me, I clogged up my manifestation process around healthy lifestyle with doubt, fear, insecurity and mistrust of principle.

I know that: "According to your faith, be it done onto you," I think this might be what he means-- that our present life is impacted by our future actions to the extent we have faith.

We believe that this is a loving, generous Universe. We know that it is written that indeed, it is "the Father's good pleasure to give us the Kingdom." Thus, it all boils down to us trusting in our passionate desires, and day by day, thought by thought, inspiration by inspiration, we close the gap between our "here-and-now me" and the "future me".

This "future you", that is the intention you yourself establish for yourself, is presently encouraging the "current you" through love, joy, appreciation. This "you" of your heart’s desire is influencing your actions today with loving inspiration sent by your future choices, actions and intentions, to be the person you intend to be and manifest the good that is yours.

Wow, what a concept... what an exciting place to live--an unlimited multidimensional co-creative Universe!

John

PS Here is another example of the principle of a multidimensional co creative Universe in action: My future actions will be that in a few weeks I am attending a training in Berkeley, California for New Thought Ministers. My future actions of attending this workshop led me today to write this prosperity newsletter earlier in the month than I normally would, so it would go out and enrich you on time for March 2008.

No comments: