Friday, April 25, 2008

May 2008 Prosperity

Affirmation: As a Truth seeker I constantly reexamine my core beliefs around my relationship with God.

It is, at some point along the way to spiritual maturity incumbent upon each of us to come to our own understanding about the nature of God. There are a few, I suppose, who are content to adopt the God of their parents without question. That has not, however, been my own experience. As I see it, humankind’s understanding and awareness of God has evolved over the generations. Thus, although God has not changed, our relationship with God and our consciousness about this relationship have changed. Therefore, I think it is vital for each of us to develop our own personal understanding of God and to continue to reexamine our core beliefs about the nature of God.

The more accurate our map of God’s relationship with us and the more accurately we understand the laws and dynamics of this relationship, the more rewarding our experience of life will be. We can never become so arrogant that we decide that we know all there is to know about God. Truth seekers of every dimension grow in their understanding of spirituality over time. As the Bible says… there is time for everything under heaven….and what we can learn, and understand and integrate into our consciousness at one point in our life is often different during another phase of our life.

Of all the classes that we use to introduce and explore the nature of God, I think the Prosperity class produces the most direct impact on the consciousness of those who take the class. I have taught or taken a large number of prosperity courses over the years because I want my relationship to God to be of maximum benefit to me in this lifetime. I want prosperity. I am determined to enjoy abundance. I want my life to flow with fewer struggles. I want to understand as deeply as possible the earthly manifestations of God’s grace in my life.

Since God has not changed, the understanding of each prosperity teacher/author is a slightly different slant on the same truth. Each shares their own recognition of this ancient wisdom about the nature of the Divine using their unique stories and experiences. Thus, although each class offers a different take on the same age-old wisdom, it is worthwhile to revisit the subject because I can hear God’s voice slightly differently each time I study the same basic principles.

Likewise, I think it is worthwhile to examine the relationship at different times of the year because our direct experience of Nature often impacts our understanding of God. I have taught our Prosperity class in January, at the beginning of the New Year and in the fall around the time of the harvest. This next month, we will be facilitating the class in the abundant and flourishing springtime.

I have taught here at Unity the 5 GIFTS of Prosperity, Prosperity Guaranteed and Keys to the Kingdom. In each I incorporate things I have learned from some of the many other teachers in the field; Four “T”s, You and Money, Eric Butterworth, Catherine Ponder, as well as other lesser known programs, authors and teachers. This spring Debbie will be leading our prosperity exploration into the Nature of God. She will be using Edwene Gaines' book about the Four Laws of Prosperity. Edwene has been teaching prosperity principles across the globe for decades and she is a Truth teller and Truth seeker extraordinaire.

I think this is a perfect time to explore your relationship with the Divine. For some it may appear to be a revisit, trust me it will be time well spent. Debbie will be bringing her own flavor of insight, study and life lessons as well as her compassionate nature to the journey. Without intending to put too much pressure on her, I know it will be a profound and impactful class for each sincere student who joins us.

No comments: