Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year 2009

Prosperity Thoughts New Year 2009

One way to look at the life you are going to live this next year is to look at the questions you are asking yourself. Thriving people ask questions about thriving, whereas people that are barely making ends meet focus their thinking on survival. The questions you ask always reflect the consciousness within which you are living. The questions you ask are a window into your deepest thinking. We teach that if you want to change your life, changing your thinking. One of the best ways to accomplish a change in your thinking is to take note of the types of questions you are asking.

If you are presently playing small in your life, then you are merely asking questions reflecting a consciousness of fear and scarcity. If you keep asking these same kinds of questions, you will continue to reflect the same consciousness. If you do not change the questions you are living, you will manifest the same results as you have in the past. This is painfully true. Imagine someone who is unhappy, who is always daydreaming about escaping from their present existence. The question they are really asking is “How can I escape from feeling the consequences of my life choices?” They can think this thought forever and it will not change their situation. Escape is not going to change their life; it is just like changing chairs on the deck of the Titanic. What is needed is a shift in consciousness- because our life always reflects our consciousness.

When you really boil it down, transformation actually means transforming the nature of your inquiry. Rather than daydreaming about how to escape a miserable existence, a person could examine what they did to create the situation they find themselves in. Taking a look at how they contributed to their misery is much more painful in the short run, but it leads to a shift in awareness that will inevitably lead them to make different choices over time and thus transform their life. An even more powerful set of inquiries might be to look at how their present circumstances are a blessing (or how they can become a blessing). Gratitude is a powerful transformational vibration and finding the blessing in a bad situation can give one the motivational energy in the short run to do the work of transformation.

In this framework then, there are several basic categories of questions from which most people live. The first concerns matters of Self Centered Survival. These are questions concerns about how to deal with your perceived lack of resources, for example about how you are going to pay off your bills, such as:

“Where you are going to come up with the money to get your car fixed?, “

“What will I do if I get laid off?

“How can I make due now that my retirement account has been eradicated by the financial meltdown?”

These questions tend to focus on how you will make it through the next year. If you are asking these questions, you are likely to experience life as a struggle and you will probably be struggling this next year about the same amount as you have always struggled.

The second set of questions is focused on Self Centered Satisfaction. These thoughts are geared towards getting the things that you strategize will bring you more joy. Some sample thoughts in this category are:

“Where should I go on vacation this year?”

“I wonder if I should get a new car?”

“I wonder if I can get a raise this year?”

“I wonder if we should remodel this year?”

If you thinking trend’s toward this type of question, you tend not to be in pure survival mode, but are still expressing a lack of conviction that your life has purpose and meaning. That restless dissatisfaction that has been lurking underneath your conscious awareness is likely to be lurking there next year just like it has this past year. That sense of emptiness is unlikely to go away from someone asking these types of questions.

The third set of questions is what I call Spirit Centered Service. These questions tend to open an inquiry into how you can make a difference in the world. They lead inevitably to an expansion of your consciousness, and thus a transformation in your experience. Here are a few examples of questions to ask if you want to play big this next year.

1. Who do I love, and what am I doing about it?

2. Am I clear on my deepest dreams?

3. Am I doing something with every day of my life that matters?

4. What am I doing to make a difference in the lives of others?

5. Am I the person I want to be, and if not, what am I willing to do about it?

6. What am I consistently doing to live my life with passion, health and vitality?

Do you want this next year is a more fulfilling and meaningful year? Then ask yourself big questions. Keep a simple journal of your ruminations and note if you are focused on self survival, self satisfaction or spirit centered living.

No comments: